Translation plays an essential role in international news reporting because it enables communication between people all over the globe. Online media has become an integral part of our lives and journalistic translations are crucial in the age of the internet.
Challenges to reporting and publishing news in multi-languages
For many journalists, editors, and news agencies, translation can be a gatekeeper. Speaking the local language of the news source is not always feasible.
Having an international news agency or blog might be tricky and can face various challenges, such as:
- Biased translations - Sometimes in a political crisis, having a local translator can lead to biased translations. It’s essential to have trustworthy translations to maintain a reputation for your news organisation.
- Cultural nuances - It’s hard to include the “cultural nuances” and overcome language barriers while translating news. Each language has its idioms, figures of speech, wordplay, etc.
- Time pressure - Timing is everything. Every online media outlet is unique, but for some media the publishing time is essential. It’s important to be able to have fast and accurate translations on time.
Multilingual journalism with Dilingual
Dilingual is an easy and reliable translation management tool for your website that can be used to enable effective communication between news reporters and their multilingual audience.
- Fast & unbiased translations
Dilingual provides top-notch machine learning translation. Advanced automatic translations enable fast and unbiased translations.
- Multiple language pairs supported
Dilingual supports over 26 languages.
- Manual reworking
Dilingual offers an intuitive and user-friendly editor, where every translator can manually translate, review translations and test the changes.
- Keyword and SEO translation
SEO adjustments for your news page are made automatically by Dilingual. Your target group will always read the news in the correct language for their respective region.